Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tool #5

On the delicious networking site, I used bookmarking with tags for easy access. I really enjoy math; therefore, it is one of my favorite subjects to teach. Math fact cafe is a resource that I will be using to help strugglers in math. Here, they will be able to work on different math activities to build number sense and math stamina. This resource is called: http://www.matfactcafe.com/.

The second bookmark was a site of TAKS-like practice for my students. On http://teacherszine.tripod.com/Teacherszine/TAKS_Attack.html, students can use many of the resources to help them understand and practice high-stakes test material that they are responsible for meeting standards in.

The tags I used were "math" and "TAKS." These helped me organize my information and making my resources readily available; particularly, for students to visit.


Social bookmarking is a great source for sharing information amongst students. This can serve as a place where every single blog in the classroom can be accessed. If one student is tracking their information on "rainforest preservation" for example, another pupil researching "exotic animals" can use the links and blogs that may help them in their sccafolding for information efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment