Friday, July 2, 2010

11 Tools Reflections

My favorite tools include: Digital Storytelling (photo-story), screencast, Google Docs and Jing. One particular activity that I look forward to exploring with my students is digital Storytelling. I want to give them an assignment on a particular unit. Their task will be to find facts and photos in various web-based encyclopedias. They will then choose the photos and facts of their choice to create and narrate a digital photo-story. In the past, I had them do something similar with powerpoint. Now, they can really expand their facts and presentation by using Jing and screencast to manipulate and create their own authentic work!

After going through the 11 tools assignment, I feel very technologically competent to teach some digital concepts to my students. I took a lot of risks, and they paid off! My lessons will take a different toll now that I have access to so many resourceful technological tools and resources. Technology in my classroom will not be limited to the activboard; instead, it will personalize many digital concepts for every student. Just by having their own blogs alone, will open paramount opportunities for learning, sharing and developing academically.

The unexpected outcome for me was the wealth of knowledge that I gained. Additionally, the ease that I have in using the given tools today is beyond words. Many times, I was a little apprehensive in trying some of the gadgets and resources. With the 11 tools experience, I raised my own bar in knowledge-seeking, and stayed with the activities, no matter how frustrating it may have seem. I became more patient and now feel very secure in teaching someone else in those times when they may need motivation of their own. My students coming up have no idea what cool digital resources they will be using!


4 comments:

  1. I know you will do a great job teaching your students because you demonstrated patience beyond belief and content knowledge like a pro while you helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing all your tools despite being locked out for a period of time!! What was the final explanation given for what happened? I'm so impressed with everything you've learned and the confidence you've shown through the process. Be sure to reach out to some of your fellow bloggers to offer your insights and expertise to help them over any rough spots they may encounter. Enjoy the rest of your summer knowing that you'll come back to a new school year with lots of great new ideas.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millie, I can't access your blog. Can you post/send me you blog address? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Mario,
    I am impressed with your blog and happy for you that you finished it. I'm still in Spain and just starting with tool # 2! I'm excited about using this tool in class.
    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete